The thread lift uses advanced micro-suspension technology (MST) to rejuvenate mid-face tissue while activating the collagen and fibrin in your skin to boost volume. As you age, these elastic, skin-firming elements dwindle, so InstaLift threads help restore some of what you’re missing.
Before your procedure begins, your clinician will explain the process and will create tiny, temporary marks with a pen. A topical and local anaesthetic can help keep you comfortable throughout the quick procedure. An entire threadlift usually takes approximately 45-60 minutes.
Small needle openings are created at the entry site for each thread. Then the thread is fed into position using an insertion needle. The sutures are made from poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA), which is often used for surgery and medical procedures. The threads contain tiny knots and cones that grip tissue to hold it in position. As the threads naturally break down, your body will take over holding tissue in place with new collagen strength.
The number of threads recommended for your lift will depend on the areas that you want to cover and the degree of lifting you require.
Silhouette InstaLift® threads are the only dissolvable, dual-action devices cleared by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for threadlifting.
The Silhouette InstaLift® provides instant, subtle, but measurable results that build over several months. People often compare facelifts with threadlifts, and they are truly different procedures. However, some similarities exist such as the lifting of mid-face skin and the repositioning of soft tissue rather than simply adding volume, as fillers and fat grafts do.
Changes in the shape and tone of the face happen gradually over time after a threadlift, but substantial improvements can be seen right away.
Most people would describe the effects as subtle but highly satisfying. Lifting, smoothing, and building natural collagen volume around the cheeks and jawline mean that you can expect to look like a rested, firmer, slightly younger version of yourself. You likely won’t appear 10 to 15 years younger or like a different person, but realistic and natural results are usually the most sought-after today!
Our patients describe frustrating problem zones, deep laugh lines, and jowls that bother them, but they aren’t quite ready for the restructuring power and downtime of facial plastic surgery. Threads offer a focused, subtle improvement that continues to build over time for up to 2 years.
If you’re seeking a fast, minimally invasive option to refresh your mid-face without the concerns of surgery, threads could be your answer. Men and women who need a lifting effect choose InstaLift as their next step after cosmetic injections.
Some people will not be well-suited to this treatment. Your personalized consultation will help determine whether it is right for you. Patients who are sensitive to foreign materials or who have suspected allergies will be advised against it. Active infections or autoimmune diseases will also mean that threadlifts aren’t advised.
Your practitioner will provide detailed risks to be aware of and instructions.
After a threadlift procedure, you can expect some minor bruising at needle entry sites, possible redness in those spots, and some overall mild facial swelling. Inflammation is different for everyone, and it lasts from a few days to 2 weeks in most cases.
· Apply cold packs immediately after procedure if required (should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion points).
· Restrict facial movements for one day. Make sure to rest for a full day after getting the treatment.
· Acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be taken in case of discomfort (2-3 days).
· Do not wash your face for 12 hrs.
· Refrain from applying make-up and facial cream for at least 48 hrs.
· Sleep face-up, elevated on pillows for 3-5 nights.
· Do not rub face aggressively when washing, shaving, and drying face for 5 days; be gentle.
· You should not drink a beverage with a straw and focus on drinking liquids or consuming soft foods for at least a week. Chewing gum should be avoided for at least two weeks.
· Avoid excessive neck and facial movements for 2 weeks.
· Avoid participating in high impact sports (example: running) for 2 weeks.
· Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and UV light for 2 weeks.
· Do not use saunas for 3 weeks.
· Avoid any dental work for 3 weeks.
Avoid facial or face-down massages and facial aesthetic treatments for 4 weeks.
Threadlift recovery time is minimal compared to surgery, with most people resuming work and regular activities after a few days.